Monday, October 24, 2011

Words from the "Wise"

One day I was telling Peter that he needed to be nice to his friends. I quoted a verse we have been learning, "Be kind to one another." He told me that "Lightning McQueen says that, not Mommy." I told him Lighting McQueen must read the Bible.

Peter has a habit of asking me what is for dinner way in advance. Like after lunch. "what's for dinner?" Today I told him that we were having Pizza. Pizza is his favorite food. He told me he was glad because pasta tastes very very very very bad. And he said that it hurts when it goes down his throat. I don't get it.

At lunch the other day, Gramps got a big Peanut Butter shake. Peter kept wanting to have some and I kept reminding him to share. After many, many sips, I said he would have to ask Gramps again if he could have yet another sip. He said to my dad, "Gramps, God wants us to share." At least what we're saying around here is getting in that noggin at some point!

Matthew has a hard time with his "ing" words. "Where are you go-ning? What are you do-ning?"

Matthew likes to cook. He asks me for pots and spoons while I am cooking dinner and stirs them and says, "I cook-ning, mama."

Peter says in the morning, "My light turned green, mama! Time to get up!"

Yesterday, a 10 year old was asked some questions by our Pastor so that she could have her first communion. I thought Peter might be interested since he knew the 10 year old, so I was watching his facial expression. He looked very serious. I whispered, "Pastor Paul is asking her some questions about God." He whispered back, "Mommy, why do you paint your toes?"

Peter walks around the house saying the names of his preschool classmates, "Mason, Benson, Sophie, Gavin, Tobin." 

Peter asks everyday now, "What are we doing tomorrow?"

My dad told Peter he was tired and Peter said, "You should take a nap, Gramps."

One of our friends likes to say, "Kookypants." A lot. Tonight Mike tried to call one of the kids "kookypants" and Peter informed him that only Uncle Larry can say that word. Mike asked if it was okay for him to say "kookyshorts" and Peter informed us that it was not.

No comments: