Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Summer 2011 continued....

Well...I got bogged down by the summer and I neglected the blog...again. It is a good thing this blog doesn't have feelings because by this point it should feel like a battered woman. Oh well....I shall try again. :)

Our summer continued after Auntie Kristi's visit and we had a grand time--going to the beach, having friends over for dinner, and just enjoying all that summer has to offer.

We celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary. We had a nice dinner out and looked at our old wedding videos. It was fun!

August 23,1998
We were also VERY excited to see Tante Heidi and Uncle Leigh. For those of you who don't know, Tante Heidi lives in Australia. We talk to her on Skype quite a bit and when Peter learned that she was coming he was VERY excited. So excited that we had to make a countdown calendar for her arrival.
Tante Heidi fever. My mom (per my request) made these really cute shirts for the boys to wear.


Anyway, when she finally arrived (after a lot of delay from dumb fog), Peter was so happy to see her. I have never seen him hug someone like that! It was fun to see him be so excited to see someone, especially because it was my own sister.
this doesn't quite capture the immensity of Peter's hug...but it is close..


It's so fun to see Tante Heidi and Uncle Leigh!
It was also really great to get to know Leigh. Mike and I drove Heidi and Leigh around the Sunday afternoon that they arrived. We gave them the West LA tour--Santa Monica, UCLA, Diddy Riese, and of course In N' Out. Then we rushed back to our house for a little welcome home party for Heidi.

After that, we spent the week preparing to go on a week long vacation!

1 comment:

Heidi Clayton said...

Your wedding photo is dated 2011. Awesome.
Thanks for posting, I didn't realize the Peter-Welcome was a special rare event....I feel very special :)