Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Science of Bubbles





I have been meaning to post this for awhile now, and was hoping to have a picture of my kids with bubbles. Life happened, and I just haven't taken a picture. I googled "bubbles" under their image search and was reminded that Bubbles was also the name of Michael Jackson's chimp. This made me laugh and I decided it would be the perfect picture for my post on bubbles.


I had no idea that when I became a parent, I would have to learn the ins and outs of bubbles.

Over the past 2 years, I have learned the hard way that there are many different bubble machines. I just recently discovered there are many different kinds of bubble solution. Who knew!?

Thanks to a dad that posted a review of the Little Tikes Bubble Bellies Polly Pig Blower, I learned that Gazillion Bubbles solution solves all our problems.

All these times I thought our machines were breaking--it is possible that the bubble solution we were using was not quality enough.

Case in point, we had just purchased the Little Tikes Bubble Bellies Brown Dog Blower and had burned through the complimentary bottle of bubbles pretty quickly. I refilled the bubble machine with some bubble solution I had on hand. All of a sudden, no more bubbles. Very lame.

Anyways, I went online and found the review, ordered Gazillion Bubbles. I was very happy to see that the dad's review was accurate. I refilled the bubble machine with Gazillion Bubbles and "magic!" it worked again.

And all this time Mike and I thought bubble solution was just dish soap and water. Apparently there is a science to it. And when they named their company, Gazillion Bubbles, they were not kidding. The Brown Dog emits gazillions of bubbles.

Just file this under, "things they don't tell you when you get started raising kids."

And nope, I am not getting paid by Gazillion Bubbles. :)

No comments: