Tuesday, May 3, 2011

r e f r e s h...............

Okay....it has been a little while. The holidays came and I wanted to put some pictures up but I never got quite around to it. And then I decided that I didn't really like how my blog was evolving.

I have been reflecting on the kinds of things I want to express here and as you can see...I wasn't really able to settle on one thing, hence the new title.

I love my kids, and I could just keep posting pictures of them, but there are other aspects of my life too that I wanted reflected. I love to cook. And I could just post recipes and talk about them but that would get repetitive. I love God and studying theology. That could swallow up 2 blogs. Or maybe more.

So I decided to just write about a little of this...and a little of that. Nothing fancy. Just whatever has inspired me for the week.

I recently watched one of my favorite movies, Julie and Julia. I got inspired to start writing here again after watching a particular scene. I couldn't find the scene on youtube, but did find the excerpt of the script:

Julie (voiceover): And then I came home and got a big vote of confidence from my mother.
Mom: Remind me why you're doing this...
Julie: Blog.
Mom: Whatever it's called.
Julie: It's a regimen, Mom. Like doing sit-ups.
Mom: Well, it's just adding pressure.
Julie: What pressure?
Mom: You have a full-time job, you have a husband, and now you're going to get sick from blogging.
Julie: It's sort of like being in AA.
Mom: What are you saying?
Julie: It gives you something you have to do every day, one day at a time.
Mom: How do you know this lingo? Honey, are you an alcoholic?
Julie: I'm saying it's good for me to have short-term goals.
Mom: Well, that is silly. That is just plain silly. Who's reading this blog?
Julie: People. People are reading it, I'm sure.
Mom: Well, it's something you decided to do, and you can decide not to, and not one single person's going to mind.
Julie: No, don't you get it? I just started. I can't stop. I have to finish--it's all I've got.
*Mom hangs up the phone*
Julie: Hello? Hello?



I liked her comment about it being a regimen. Just sounded interesting to me. And I loved the part where her mom says she might get sick from blogging. Hilarious. :)

Well, I definitely don't intend to cook through Julia Child's cookbook. And I don't intend to post here everyday. But hopefully I will find myself here more frequently than the past.

1 comment:

mrs.deane said...

I'll be looking forward to as many more posts as you can muster up! Remember, if life "gets in the way", remember that it takes priority ;O) That's something that I often have to remind myself of (sadly) when I'm feeling "behind" with our family blog, etc.