Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Fall Fun

We've been having a great fall this year. I can't believe that Christmas is around the corner!

this doesn't really have anything to do with fall, i just love the picture!

making pumpkin seeds is slimy business!

enjoying food at their preschool Pumpkin Party with Peter's friend, Mason


Peter's preschool had their annual "Pumpkin Party." This involved a parade in which all the preschoolers walked around in a short oval. Each class made a different mask to wear for the parade.



After the parade, the preschool had a little carnival with about 10 booths. They had really cute age appropriate games for them to play. Each booth had a prize. Matthew tagged along too and he was so happy to be there!

fishing fun


this booth was the hit. they had to move ping pong balls back and forth between the buckets. who knew??

they had to spray the rubber duckies with a spray bottle
A few days later, we had a little costume party here at the house. I figure that us moms spend so much time looking for the costumes that it is fun to give the kids a chance to wear their costume for more than just 1 day.

Dinosaur and Rango

Indian Princess

Lady Bug Leona





It was pretty funny watching a dinosaur, a Rango without a mask cowboy, and an Indian Princess running around our backyard. Matthew didn't feel like wearing his costume...although I finally got him to put it on for a minute and he did the courtesy of showing me his "roar." 



The moms were amazed at how long the kids were willing to keep their costumes on. It got pretty hot at one point and Peter asked if he could take his off. Shortly later, "Rango" came up to me and asked if Peter "shared his clothes?" It was so cute! "Rango" wanted to get out of his costume so badly that he wanted to wear some of Peter's clothes. We worked out, but it cracked me up! 

Matthew also had the opportunity to go to the library and wear his costume. He gets to go to the library every Tuesday and Thursday while Peter is in pre-school with Omi. He loves going! 


 Our Fall season would not be complete without a trip to the Pumpkin Patch. We always have so much fun.

This year, the Pumpkin Patch had Pony Rides, a Bouncy House, and a Petting Zoo. It was a lot of fun! Matthew loved feeding the animals. He could not get closer if he tried. However, he hated the idea of a pony ride. Peter hated feeding the animals. He did not want to get super close. However, he LOVED the pony ride. I don't get it.





this is Matthew's favorite smile these days. I love it!

a somewhat decent family photo

Then came actual Halloween. They were so excited to go Trick-or-Treating!





Since we went so early, there were not a lot of people home. That was fine by me because that meant less candy to manage. :) We went to one house and this cute little older man and older lady answered the door. You could tell we were the first ones of the evening because they took a bit getting to the door--I think they were getting their own costumes assembled! The man was supposed to be an elf I think because as we walked away I could hear him say to his wife, "where is my hat??" They were so enthusiastic. I thought it was really sweet.

It was fun to go trick-or-treating with my kids on the same street that I went trick-or-treating on when I was a kid.

On our way back to the house, Matthew as cracking me up. He kept grabbing his dinosaur tail and saying "Waggy, waggy, waggy." I managed to get a little bit of it on video.


We have really enjoyed Fall 2011!

No comments: