Monday, November 21, 2011

Bunkbed




Recently we got the boys bunkbeds. Peter was getting almost too big for his crib so it seemed like a good time. I had searched and searched online for awhile and couldn't find anything. We wanted a twin over twin with a trundle and had some other preferences about the look of it.

Thankfully, my mom spotted one at Walmart. I ended up buying manufacturer direct and it was a little less expensive plus free shipping.

It happened to work out that we were going to assemble the bunkbeds on the day of Halloween.


So I snapped some pictures of the room in its existing condition for posterity, packed the kids up and headed to my parents' house. Since we had to take apart the cribs and put together the bunkbed, I thought it would be easier if the boys and I spent the day at my mom and dad's house while Mike did all the grunt work (it was a lot of work! so thankful to have a nice husband that will do that stuff!) 
 
The boys had no idea what was up, so we had a lot of fun surprising them. They were super happy because they had just had a great time trick-or-treating in my parents' neighborhood. Then they got home and were informed that they were getting bunkbeds! 
I had been talking up bunkbeds a lot prior to getting them so that Peter would be informed as to how they worked and what they were. It definitely helped that their girlfriends had just gotten a bunkbed recently as well. And we went to visit some other friends and Peter had had a good time climbing up and down.
 
Here is a little video of them seeing their bunkbed for the first time. 

 

i love my bunkbed!

i love my thomas sheets!
 The boys love their bunkbed! Peter tells pretty much every person that comes over to visit our house that he has a bunkbed. He always wants to take the person into his room and show off his climbing skills.

I was a little concerned about the height and the climbing up and down, but Peter is reaaalllllly careful. And Matthew is scared to climb up. He doesn't even really like sitting on the top bunk. After about 30 seconds he wants to climb back down.

One of my favorite memories will be the morning after they slept in their bunkbed for the first time. Peter went to preschool very concerned as to whether or not his bunkbed would be there when he returned. I remember saying, "you are going to have this bed for the rest of your life!" I hope they last that long!

1 comment:

Routine Mom said...

LOVE it! Did you see Peter's face i the last freeze frame of the video! Bliss!