Monday, June 15, 2009

What I've Been Working On


I alluded in a previous post that there was a reason for not writing on this blog very frequently. That reason would be pictured above. :)

Baby #2 is due at the end of September. If you know where to look you can see that the bottom left picture shows it is a boy! We are really excited!

The second pregnancy has been as smooth as the last. And hopefully it stays that way. I was extremely tired during the first trimester and definitely not as nauseous this time around--which was very much appreciated. I have felt a lot more emotional this time--so emotional that I thought I might be having a girl (sorry, baby). I am very very very very happy to be having another boy. Boys are fun! And we already have all the clothes and stuff. And now we don't have to worry about them sharing a room, etc.

I was very thankful to be through the first trimester--I just had no energy and couldn't even fathom sitting down at the computer to write about it.


I just finished my glucose test last week and I passed! Very thankful to have sailed through that one this time. Last time I had to go back and take the 3 hour test.

(Yes, that is my handwriting scrawled at the top of the glucose bottle: "Do not drink unless you are Michelle." So many people using our fridge, you can't take any chances.)

Even though it is an excuse to sit and watch TV for 3 hours....I just don't have that time....The doctor did say that I have slightly low iron--perhaps that is why I have still been feeling so tired! I am hoping once I start taking iron supplements my energy will improve.

We just took Peter to his 15 month appointment and the doctor recommended we buy him a baby doll (I didn't really think we would be buying dolls with 2 boys running around, but whatever :)) and a book about being a big brother. I am not sure how helpful that will really be, but it will make us feel better. It will be interesting to see how he adapts to all of the change! I think he will be a great big brother.

Peter, sporting his "big brother" shirt, on the night that we told Gramps and Omi about baby #2! I think he is not quite sure what it all means...and that is still the case months later.

No comments: